U-Bike Portugal is a project co-financed by the PO SEUR - Operational Programme for Sustainability and Efficient Use of Resources, the Portugal 2020 and the EU - Cohesion Fund.
By 2018 U-bikes should have traveled l more than 2,400 kilometers, saving energy and reducing CO2 emissions.
This initiative will be implemented at Portuguese Public Higher Education Institutions (IES), focusing cycling and the promotion of low carbon strategies and sustainable multimodal urban mobility.
More specifically, the U-Bike Portugal Project aims to promote sustainable mobility by:
- Promoting the use of electric and conventional bicycles in academic communities;
- Promoting a shift towards more sustainable modes of transport like non-motorized transport;
- Committing to the reduction of primary energy consumption;
- Committing to the reduction of emissions of greenhouse gases and air pollutants.
UA and Cycling
With its three campi, the University of Aveiro spans the whole district. It is located in three cities:the Campus of Santiago / Castro located in the city of Aveiro, the Águeda School of Technology and Management (ESTGA) in Águeda and The School of Design, Management and Production Technologies Northern Aveiro (ESAN) in Oliveira de Azeméis.
Resultados do inquérito à mobilidade da comunidade académica:
Distribuição dos inquéritos pela comunidade académica
|Inquérito à mobilidade||Alunos||Docentes*||Não docentes||TOTAL|
|Número inquéritos %||56%||31%||13%||4,4%|
|Inquérito à mobilidade||Comunidade académica|
|Inquérito à mobilidade||Número inquéritos**|
|Inquérito à mobilidade||Número inquéritos %|
*Inclui investigadores e bolseiros
** Valores indicativos
Aquisição de bicicletas
Fundo de Coesão
257 884,77 €
85% do elegível
303 393,85 €
328 416,21 €
The UAUbike is the culmination of a series of activities within the scope of cycling mobility that have been developed in the Aveiro University.
In this context the Uaubikes will be assigned to the UA academic community through a long-term regime in order to create habits of cycling and to promote:
- The implementation of adequate infrastructural conditions on the campus (especially regarding secure parking);
- The development of new products and services related to cycling mobility, using the the campuses as living lab;
- The creation of support services for cyclists;
- The Introduction of Cyclelogistics in the campus;